As a condition of Membership, Members of the National Association of Funeral Directors agree to comply with the principles and details of this Code of Practice.
- To observe strictly the confidence of every client at all times.
- To observe at all times the basic rights of clients as consumers.
- To render good service at all times and make fair charges in respect of services rendered and for merchandise supplied.
- To ensure that advertising and marketing is always in good taste. No sensational, offensive or misleading advertising or marketing is permitted.
- To provide clients with full and fair information about services. To have readily available price lists covering The Simple Funeral Service, and itemised charges for all the constituent parts of the Funeral Director’s services and all types of coffins and caskets available.
- To display the price lists referred to in (5) above in the public area of our premises.
- To give a written estimate of the Funeral Director’s charges and disbursements to be paid on a client’s behalf, together with written confirmation of the funeral arrangements in each and every case, as soon as is practicable before the day of the funeral. No contractual agreement will have been entered into until these documents have been accepted by the client.
- To provide clients with an itemised account in a form readily comparable with the estimate.
- To refrain from soliciting funeral orders, or offering, or giving any reward for recommendation to persons or organisations such as Health Service establishments, Nursing Homes or Coroners’ Offices, etc.
- To display to the general public the logos of the National Association of Funeral Directors and the Funeral Arbitration Scheme.
- To co-operate at all times with Trading Standards Offices, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Consumer support groups, and any other organisation representing clients in the resolution of complaints or disputes.
- To partake in, and abide by, the decision of the conciliation, independent arbitration and Disciplinary Community procedures of the Association in the resolution of any complaints or disputes between client and Funeral Director(s).
This code of Practise and adherence hereto is monitored by the National Association of Funeral Directors. Any correspondence should be addressed to: -
National Association of Funeral Directors
618 Warwick Road