BCP Regulations – May 2020 Updates
Bournemouth and Poole council have updated new regulations regarding Witness Scatters and Interments which will be implemented at Bournemouth and Poole Crematorium:
- From Tuesday 26 May, bookings for witness scatter or interment ceremonies at both Bournemouth Crematorium and Poole Crematorium will be accepted.
- No more than 5 people in attendance for each ceremony with social distancing measures to be complied with at all times.
What has not changed:
- Attendance numbers at funeral services are to currently remain at 10 + celebrant + funeral director until further notice. This will be reviewed again at the beginning of June.
Streaming of Services
- Live streaming of services at Poole continue to be made available free of charge to families.
- Visual tributes continue to be available at Poole Crematorium.
- Visual tributes at Bournemouth Crematorium is no longer facilitated until further notice.
- Services at Bournemouth Crematorium are being recorded with a downloadable link provided to funeral directors up to 5 working days following a service.
Book of Remembrance
- The Book of Remembrance Room at Bournemouth and Poole remain closed until further notice.
- The admin and support office at Bournemouth and Poole Crematorium remain closed to public access with restricted access provided to funeral directors as and when necessary.
- Wherever possible, contact should be restricted to telephone or email communication.
You can read the full COVID-19 regulations for funeral arrangements set by BCP and Dorset Council here.