Only certain people can register the death
- A relative of the deceased who was present at the time of death
- A relative of the deceased who was with them during the last illness
- A relative of the deceased who lives in the same district
- Any person present at the death
- The occupier e.g. Matron or Officer in Charge of a nursing home, rest home or public institution, provided they knew of the illness prior to death
- The person responsible for giving instructions for the funeral e.g. executor, solicitor or similar
- You must have the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (this is issued by the doctor who attended the deceased during their last illness).
- It’s a good idea to take the deceased’s medical card, which contains their NHS number
- Birth and marriage certificates (if available)
Find Out More
With no obligation
Over 100 years
In 1910 Frederick Charles Douch founded a funeral business. The rest is history.