Are you grappling with grief or finding it challenging to progress following a loss?
If so, we invite you to join us at our local bereavement support groups. These groups are held regularly across various locations, offering a comforting environment to connect with others in your community undergoing similar experiences. Attendees have the opportunity to benefit from professional, empathetic support and companionship during this difficult time.
Here’s a comprehensive list of our bereavement support groups, their locations, and meeting times:
- Wareham Group: The Wareham Parish Hall. Meets on the first Monday of each month, 2 pm to 3.30 pm.
- Swanage Group: The private Rectory Classroom at the rear of St. Mary’s Church. Meets on the first Monday of each month, 11 am to 12.30 pm.
- Corfe Mullen Group: Our serene ceremony room in our Lesley Shand, Corfe Mullen branch. Meets on the first Tuesday of each month, 10.30 am.
- Wimborne Group: Merley Community Centre. Meets on the first Tuesday of each month, 1.30 pm.
- Blandford Group: A private room at the Woodhouse Gardens Pavilion in Blandford. Meets on the first Wednesday of each month, 11 am.
- Ferndown Group: The Sheila Kendrick Ceremony Room at our AE Jolliffe & Son branch. Meets on the first Thursday of each month, 11 am to 12.30 pm.
- Poole Group: The Seaview Ceremony Room, at our Ives & Shand branch. Meets on the first Thursday of each month, 2 pm to 3.30 pm.
These sessions are designed to offer support, comfort, and a shared sense of community during challenging times of bereavement.
Each group is guided by Cindy Weller, an accredited counsellor and a member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the National Counselling Society (NCS). Cindy is available to offer one-on-one bereavement counselling if required.
Each session includes tea, coffee, biscuits, a compassionate ear to listen, and help when and where it’s needed. For more information, please refer to our events calendar or browse upcoming bereavement support groups on Facebook,
Remember, you are not alone. Our support groups are here to help you navigate your journey through grief and towards healing.