Senior Funeral Director – Albert Marsh
Senior Funeral Director – Albert Marsh (Wareham)
Douch Family Funeral Directors are a fourth generation family run funeral directors with seven independently run branches throughout Dorset and the Isle of Purbeck. Our number one priority is the families we serve. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Funeral Director to join our team at our Albert Marsh branch in Wareham.
As a Senior Funeral Director, you will be arranging and conducting funerals to a high standard. You will be responsible for ensuring that those high standards are carried through in all aspects of your work. Your number one priority will always be the families we serve, with great customer experience as your ultimate focus, going above and beyond their expectations on a regular basis.
You will join a highly motivated and committed team of professionals, who are honest, compassionate, with trusted knowledge and experience of our profession. As a dedicated team member you will work together to continue to push forward the company’s reputation of over 100 years of service, trust, value, care and understanding.
For this role:
- A minimum of 5 years of funeral directing experience is essential (pref. qualified with Dip FD, but not essential).
- We want you to demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills. A good listener, with a relaxed and positive attitude, with great empathy and understanding of the needs of our clients and those of the team.
- With good computer and technical literacy, the quality of your writing must be of high standard and able to display good attention to detail. The ability to interact both verbally and non-verbally with integrity, honesty and a positive manner with members of the team and our clients.
- You are able to confidently work both autonomously and as part of a team in a seamless manner.
- You are able to prioritise and complete your tasks in a time efficient manner.
- You will have a good level of awareness and able to respond to changing legislation and trends within the funeral industry.
In return we offer:
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A good work environment
- A strong company with 5-star reputation
- The opportunity to influence (opinions are sought and valued)
- Career development opportunities
- Supportive workforce policies
- Company Pension with Employer contribution higher than government standard
- Annual staff party
- Involvement in Community and Charitable activities
- Life assurance
Duties within the role include:
- Taking details from relatives or friends of the deceased person
- Arranging for transfer of the deceased body to the place of rest before the funeral
- Arranging details of the funeral with relatives or friends in their own home or in our office
- Arranging date and time of the funeral with church, cemetery or crematorium
- Liaising with GP’s/Ministers and suppliers, etc
- Placing death notices online or in local/national newspapers
- Organising flowers/transport and catering venues
- Completing necessary paperwork
- Arranging Order of Service sheets
- Preparing the body for burial or cremation, including dressing of the deceased
- Arranging visits to chapel of rest
- Dealing with floral tributes and charitable donations
- Managing funeral vehicles
- Liaising with our team of Bearers/Drivers
- Conducting the funeral
- Providing the necessary aftercare following the funeral service
- Providing advice on the types of memorials compliant with local regulations and supplying written estimates for the supplying of such a memorial
- Ordering memorials from suppliers, making the necessary application to the relevant authorities for permission to erect memorials
- Assisting with the arrangements for the interment or scattering of ashes
- To be a member of the ‘On-Call’ Rota, to include 24-hour coverage
- To cover other duties as and when required within the branch to include bearing, removals, back office duties
- Providing information on, and the selling of, our company pre-paid funeral plans
- Building relationships within the community increasing the company’s profile
or Postal address:
PA to the Directors
Douch Family Funeral Directors
7 Leigh Road
If you wish to discuss the position further please contact Hayley on 01202 112124
Closing date for receipt of application is Monday 27th July 2020