Scattering Ashes at Sea
AT REST IN NATURE’S MOST MAJESTIC DOMAIN – SCATTERING ASHES AT SEA
There’s a comforting ‘completeness’ in returning a loved one’s ashes to the sea, to where all life began. Scattering ashes at sea is a service Douch Family Funeral Directors have the privilege to offer.
On board Calypso Charters’ classic luxury motor yacht ‘Trader 475 Signature’ – and whilst taking in the most beautiful spots Poole Harbour and The Purbeck coastline have to offer – you can say a unique farewell, joining their cremated remains with the serenity of the sea with a scattering ashes at sea ceremony.
The luxury yacht smoothly accommodates up to a maximum 12 guests. Your skipper and crew know the waters well. The Captain is also a Minister/Celebrant who can say a few words if required, at no extra charge. And you can choose catering to suit the send-off.
In the respectful company of the Douch Family Funeral Directors and Calypso Charters – and sharing a final journey made by mariners across the centuries – you have ample space and time to relax, reflect and toast a life well lived.
You will have the opportunity to say goodbye to your loved one. By placing their ashes, contained in a biodegradable urn, into the sea, you are returning them back to nature. (Please note the urn is an additional cost.)
THE DETAILS THAT MAKE A FITTING FAREWELL
- A warm welcome on board with a glass of sparkling wine or juice.
- Light lunch or afternoon tea. (An alternative menu can be arranged.)
- A charter of approximately two-and-a-half to three hours. (Or longer on request.)
- Service and respect from a fully trained crew.
- Fitting words, readings and prayers from the on-board minister/celebrant while scattering the ashes at sea.
- Collage video keepsake based on photographs of your charter.
All included at a cost of £350 for up to six guests (children or adults). Additional guests, up to a maximum of 12, incur an additional cost of £40 per head. (Children under the age of 12 half price ie £20.00)
To arrange a charter
Kindly note that plastic flowers or fresh flowers wrapped in plastic will not be allowed to be dispersed at sea, bio degradable or fresh flowers only.