At rest in nature’s most majestic domain – Scattering ashes at sea
There’s a comforting ‘completeness’ in returning a loved one’s ashes to the sea, to where all life began. And scattering ashes at sea is a service we now have the privilege to offer.Contact us
On board Calypso Charters’ classic luxury motor yacht ‘Trader 475 Signature’ – and along the most beautiful spots Poole Harbour and The Purbeck coastline have to offer – you can say a unique farewell, joining their cremated remains with the serenity of the sea with a scattering ashes at sea ceremony.
The luxury yacht smoothly accommodates up to 12 guests. Your skipper and crew know the waters well. An on-board minister or celebrant can offer a scattering ashes ceremony. And you can choose catering to suit the send-off.
In the respectful company of the Douch Family Funeral Directors and Calypso Charters – and sharing a final journey made by mariners across the centuries – you have ample space and time to relax, reflect and toast a life well lived.
You will have the opportunity to say goodbye to your loved one. By placing their ashes, contained in a biodegradable urn, into the sea. Returning them back to nature. (Please note the urn is an additional cost).
The details that make a fitting farewell
- A warm welcome on board with a glass of sparkling wine or juice.
- Light lunch or afternoon tea. (An alternative menu can be arranged.)
- A charter of approximately two-and-a-half to three hours. (Or longer on request.)
- Service and respect from a fully trained crew.
- Fitting words, readings and prayers from the on-board minister/celebrant while scattering the ashes at sea.
- Collage video keepsake based on photographs of your charter.
All included at a cost of £350 for up to six guests. Additional guests, up to a maximum of 12, incur an additional cost of £40 per head.
To arrange a charter
Find Out More
With no obligation
Over 100 years
In 1910 Frederick Charles Douch founded a funeral business. The rest is history.