As Funeral Director / Trainee Funeral Director you will be involved in all aspects of the funeral business. We are looking for someone who provides excellent customer care. An excellent communicator who is highly organised, with strong administration skills and meticulous attention to detail who can plan their time effectively working to strict deadlines.
Our clients are our most important stakeholders therefore you will ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved through delivery of a unique and first class service.
Duties could include:
- Taking details from relatives or friends of the deceased person
- Arranging for transfer of the deceased body to the place of rest before the funeral
- Arranging details of the funeral with relatives or friends
- Arranging date and time of the funeral with church, cemetery or crematorium
- Liaising with GP’s/Ministers and suppliers, etc
- Placing death notices online or in local/national newspapers
- Organising flowers/transport and catering venues
- Completing necessary paperwork
- Arranging Order of Service sheets
- Preparing the deceased body for burial or cremation
- Arranging visits to chapel of rest
- Dealing with floral tributes and charitable donations
- Ensuring the funeral runs smoothly
- Providing advice on the types of memorials compliant with local regulations
- Assisting with the arrangements for the interment or scattering of ashes
- Providing information on, and the selling of, our company pre-paid funeral plans
This is an exciting challenge, working in a unique family business, where no two days are the same.
In return we will offer a competitive salary – which is dependent on experience.
Hayley Gaunt, PA to the Directors, FC Douch & Son (Funerals) Ltd, 7 Leigh Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 1AB
email: [email protected]
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the position further please contact Hayley on 01202 882936.
Closing date for receipt of application is 26th January 2018.
Find Out More
With no obligation
Over 100 years
In 1910 Frederick Charles Douch founded a funeral business. The rest is history.